Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Gardening and Recycling

I was inspired by so many recycling ideas that I attempted my own. I tried different kinds of containers and different kinds of PET bottles. Eventually, I gave up the others because the plants did not thrive well or they do not look good.

Here are some containers that I think are good for recycling.
A sansevieria planted on PVC pipes. The pipes are really sturdy unlike PET bottles and they looked prettier than the PET. I buried the PVC pipes in cement when I had my plant box constructed. I just forgot to clean up before planting.



A prune juice bottle turned into a planter. I learned by experience that not all bottles are good as a planter despite of the many write ups about them on the web. Transparent bottles for one don't look nice as you can clearly see the soil and even the roots. Algae also thrives in transparent bottles.


I saw a lot of plastic bottle towers. They really looked pretty especially when herbs were planted on them but my place is not suitable for herb growing. I tried some native hanging plants instead and I used green bottles (Sprite and 7 Up) and here is the result.


An ice cream container can become a really good planter. My Sansevieria multiplies really fast I have a hard time finding planters for them. It is a good thing they looked good on recycled containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment